Our Hospitality and What We Do?
The hospitality industry is a broad category of fields within service industry that
includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, and
additional fields within the tourism industry.
The hospitality industry is a multibillion-dollar industry that depends on the availability of leisure time and disposable income. A hospitality unit such as a restaurant, hotel, or an amusement park consists of multiple groups such as facility maintenance and direct operations (servers, housekeepers, porters, kitchen workers, bartenders, management, marketing, and human resources etc.).
Introduction to hospitality management
- The Nature of the Hospitality Industry
- The Tangible and Intangible Nature of the Hospitality Industry
- Relationship between the Hospitality Industry and Tourism
- Customer Service Basics & Qualities
- Telephone & Email Etiquette
- First Impression
- Introduction to the Hotel Operations
- Front Office Operations
- Housekeeping Operations
Food & Beverage
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Menu Planning and Design, Food and Beverage Services and Kitchen Operations
- Ambience of an Establishment
Role of technology in hospitality
- The Importance of Employing Up-to- date Information Technology
- The Ways Technological Changes Improve the Operational Efficiency of the Hospitality Industry for Customers, Tourists and Staff
- The Property Management System (PMS) in Hotels